Last updated on October 10, 2023
I started using an electric toothbrush and was told not to use regular toothpaste.
Is there any toothpaste recommended for electric toothbrushes?
Because electric toothbrushes have a strong tooth-cleaning action, there are a few things to consider when choosing a toothpaste.
Then,Here are 5 toothpaste recommendations for electric toothbrushes!
- Should I put toothpaste on my electric toothbrush?
- Can I use any toothpaste to put on my electric toothbrush?
- Low foaming or no foaming agent
- Contains medicinal ingredients for your dental concerns
- 5 toothpaste recommendations for electric toothbrushes
- cavity prevention
- periodontal disease prevention
- Colorant prevention/whitening
- Halitosis prevention
- Prevention of Caries in Children
- Toothpaste is OK on electric toothbrushes.
Should I put toothpaste on my electric toothbrush?
Some say that electric toothbrushes don't need toothpaste on them,In terms of improving oral health, brushing with toothpaste is recommendedIt is.
There are two important points to prevent tooth decay, gum disease, staining, and sensitivity.
- Remove stains from teeth
- Effective use of medicinal ingredients in toothpaste
Electric toothbrushes can efficiently remove stains from teeth, and if used properly, the first point, "remove stains from teeth," can be met.
However, in order to obtain the tooth-strengthening, bactericidal, and stain-removing actions that are important for preventing tooth decay, periodontal disease, and staining,Need medicinal ingredients in toothpasteIt is.
In the case of sensitivity, it is also necessary to block the irritation transmitted to the tooth nerve, which also requires the help of the medicinal ingredients in toothpaste.
To improve oral health, it is recommended to brush with a toothpaste containing medicated ingredients.
Can I use any toothpaste to put on my electric toothbrush?
Electric toothbrushes are more effective at removing stains than hand toothbrushes.
Therefore,It is preferable to avoid toothpastes that may damage teeth and gums due to the ingredients in the toothpaste when used with an electric toothbrushIt is.
Choose a toothpaste to put on your electric toothbrush that
- Low foaming or no foaming agent
- Contains medicinal ingredients that are appropriate for your oral concerns
Furthermore, if the toothpaste is in the form of a gel type, it has some viscosity and is less likely to scatter!
What toothpaste to use with electric toothbrushes,Basically non-abrasiveIt is.
The abrasive action of toothpaste, combined with the stain removal action of an electric toothbrush, can damage teeth and gums.
Strong dirt removing action,Do not use toothpaste that contains coarse abrasives.
[NG abrasive ingredients].
Low foaming or no foaming agent
Toothpaste may contain a "foaming agent" to make the toothpaste foam up and spread in the mouth during brushing.
Electric toothbrushes produce more toothpaste lather than hand toothbrushes.
Because the toothpaste foam obscures the teeth and makes it difficult to tell if the electric toothbrush is hitting them,Choose a low-foaming or foaming agent-free toothpaste.
[The key to distinguishing between the presence or absence of foaming agents].
■PackageLow-foaming."and ... andNo foaming agent.Check to see if it is marked as
Contains medicinal ingredients for your dental concerns
Quasi-drug toothpaste contains medicinal ingredients to treat oral problems such as tooth decay, gum disease, staining, bad breath, and sensitivity.
Also check to see if it contains medicated ingredients that match your dental concerns and the care you want to enhance.
Medicinal ingredients in toothpaste
- Fluorine (sodium fluoride)
- Medicated hydroxyapatite, etc.
Periodontal disease prevention ingredients
- IPMP (Isopropyl methyl phenol)
- CPC (cetylviridinium chloride)
- Chlorhexidine gluconate, etc.
Anti-staining and whitening ingredients
- sodium polyphosphate
- PEG (polyethylene glycol), etc.
Halitosis prevention ingredients
- Lauryloyl (lauroyl)
- LSS (sarcosine sodium), etc.
- aluminium lactate
- Potassium nitrate, etc.
5 toothpaste recommendations for electric toothbrushes
Clinica Advantage Gel Toothpaste
- Gel type with medicinal ingredients that easily stay on teeth
This toothpaste satisfies the three key requirements for use with an electric toothbrush!
In addition, the high concentration of 1450ppm fluoride and the germicidal ingredient CPC (cetylpyridinium chloride) prevent cavities, periodontal disease, and bad breath.
periodontal disease prevention
Lion DENT. Systema SP-T Gel
- Contains ingredients that reduce inflammation and bleeding of gums
- Penetrates and disinfects periodontal disease-causing biofilms
- Inhibits bad breath and sticky mouth caused by periodontal disease
This toothpaste contains many ingredients specifically designed to care for periodontal disease!
The gel type contains no abrasives and a high concentration of fluoride, so it is safe to use with electric toothbrushes.
Sumitect True White
- Non-abrasive whitening toothpaste
- Also contains medicated ingredients to treat hypersensitivity
Whitening toothpastes often contain a small amount of abrasives, which can damage teeth if used on an electric toothbrush.
The Schmitect True White is,Non-abrasive toothpaste specialized for whiteningSo it can be used for electric toothbrushes.
Welltec Concours Gelcoat F
- Highly effective in sterilizing bacteria that cause bad breath
- High retention gel type makes it easy for medicinal ingredients to stay in the mouth
- No foaming agent or abrasive
- It also helps prevent cavities and periodontal disease.
It is a gel type of the Concours series known for its high bactericidal effect.
It is suitable for use with electric toothbrushes because it does not contain any abrasives and foaming agents.
Prevention of Caries in Children
Lion Check-Up gel
- The optimal fluoride concentration can be selected according to the child's age.
- Soft gel formulation for easy spreading of fluoride to all corners of the mouth
- Non-abrasive, low-foaming, low-flavor
The most important thing for children with baby teeth is to prevent cavities by utilizing fluoride and other products.
Fluoride has a limited concentration based on age, but Lion Check-Up gel,Fluoride concentration is adjusted for each target age group.So, it is easy to select a toothpaste with the appropriate fluoride concentration for each age group.
Toothpaste is OK on electric toothbrushes.
If you clean your teeth with an electric toothbrush, take advantage of the medicinal properties of toothpaste to prevent cavities, gum disease, bad breath, and staining together.
Basically, any toothpaste that does not contain abrasives can be used. Please refer to the ingredients and characteristics of the toothpaste introduced here and try to incorporate them into your toothpaste!
365dentist helps you with your oral health and beauty columns and dentist-run open chat.
If you are interested, please come visit us!
365dentist General Supervisor Dentist/snow child (type of winter spirit)
Graduated from Nagasaki University School of Dentistry, ~2018 Kyushu Medical Center, 2018-present Working at a dental clinic in Tokyo
After completing clinical training, worked in cosmetic dentistry in Tokyo. Currently a dentist and dental writer.